Various rolls of Film tapes
Film tapes come in several variations. At Cheever we work with several different manufactures and customers to provide these tapes. Polyester film tape is one of most common tapes that can be used for splicing and applications where chemical resistance and or/or clean removal is necessary. This is a Polyester backing with an Acrylic (transparent) adhesive in your choice of color.
With so many choices in a Tape configuration from acrylic, silicone, rubber-based, single or double side, coated, un-coated etc.. We thrive at the challenge of helping you work through these options for your next project. We have an array of different choices to help you define these decisions, all while giving you the option of having us hold Inventory for you. Below are some of our offerings and where they are commonly used. All though the list is not all inclusive so please contact us for just a quick question or to discuss your new project - we are listening!!
Click here and we can provide a customized quote for you on this material for your project as well.
- Abrasion resistant to protect surfaces from marring and rough handling
- Chemical and solvent resistance to reduce rejects produced from solvent and chemical attack
- Polyester film meets low caliper requirements
- Thin and high strength helps to reduce failures due to breakage
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight will cause backing to become brittle and lose tensile strength
- Film vs Foam - Choosing the Correct PSA for Automotive Applications(White Paper)
- Tape hinge
- Decorative striping and die cutting
- Decorative edging
- Tape hinge
- Splicing and web defect marking
- Sealing, labeling and protecting
- Positive film striping
|1.0 MIL - 6.5 MIL|
TEMPERATURE USE RANGE
|-60°F - 300°F|
TENSILE STRENGTH AT BREAK (AVG)
|28 LBS./IN WIDTH (491 N/100 MM)|